Monday, August 25, 2008

34 Weeks


The countdown to baby's arrival continues! This week's check up went well. She's not doing anything yet (that's a good thing), and she is still head down. I will be seeing my midwife every week now until I deliver.

Her movements are a bit different now that there's less room. Most of the time I feel her stretch her legs, which means her butt juts out on the uppper left side of my belly, and her feet poke out on the lower right. I've also felt some braxton-hicks contactions I think. All totally normal, but not true labor.

I feel great physically. Finding a comfortable position at bedtime is a challenge, but once I find it I only wake up once during the night to get up and use the bathroom (a lot better than two or three times, like some other moms-to-be!). And I usually stay comfortable in bed all the way through to the morning. This is SO much better than my first pregnancy, when I tried all sorts of sleep positions--different pillows, the recliner, the living room couch. I'm glad that I am able to get good rest at night.

Emotions do run high, though! I find I'm a bit hyper-sensitive to EVERYTHING! Don't be surprised if I bust out crying because of a commercial, or if I'm particularly snappy at the end of the day. David's great about rolling with the punches. I'm blessed to have such a great husband :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Vic! I'm really glad to see you are all doing well! Looks like you guys had a nice summer- Michigan looks like a nice relaxing place. Wow! I can't believe the countdown has begun! Miss you loads!

xoxoxox
Liez