Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tea Time

Yet another birthday celebration! Yesterday I went up to Chicago to meet with my old small group gals to have afternoon tea! It was a beautiful setting, a delicious selection of treats, and two and a half hours of girl talk. As a food enthusiast, I usually take pictures of food when I go out to a special restaurant (David laughs at me when I do this), but I just can't help myself. The top plate had assorted finger sandwiches (the turkey and arugula was especially good), the middle section contained a variety of pastries (the fruit tart with a slice of fig was delicious!), and the bottom section had an assortment of scones and breads. Their plain scone with lemon curd and devonshire cream on the side is to die for! Ok, I should probably stop talking about food!

I was blessed with an easy drive up to Chicago and back, though the walk from my car to the hotel went a bit slower than usual! I had forgotten that I was carrying a little extra weight :)


Thank you, ladies, for celebrating with me! It made my 30th birthday very special!

1 comment:

Liz M said...

We had so much fun too!! We're so glad you drove all the way to the big city to see all of us - happy birthday!